Friday 4 July 2014

Scottish Women's Poetry of the First World War

I am indebted to Professor Isobel Murray of Aberdeen University for taking time out of her extremely hectic schedule to reply to my query about Scottish women poets.

Marion Angus, Helen Cruickshank, Violet Jacob and Mary Symond are already on my ever-growing list of Female Poets but I have yet to research their lives and find examples of their poetry.

Professor Murray also told me about a new anthology - "From the Line - Scottish War Poetry 1914 - 1945", edited by David Goldie and Roderick Watson, which has been published recently by the Association for Scottish Literary Studies and is priced at £12.50 per copy.

As soon as I have been able to find a copy, I will let you know more.

http://www.arts.gla.ac.uk/scotlit/asls/From_the_Line.html