Sunday 15 March 2015

"Lost Sheep"


Among the poets on my list (which you will find at the top of the main weblog page, along with the List of Books I have read so far (Bibliography) etc.) are those I have called "Lost Sheep" because I couldn't find out anything about them.

I have had some wonderful and very helpful e-mails recently for which I am very grateful.  

Many thanks to:

Phil Dawes who supplied information about Sybil Bristowe and Violet Helen Friedlaender

Jacky Rodger who sent me a great deal of information about Elinor Jenkins which she discovered when researching her own family WW1 history.

Olga Khoroshilova from Russia who contacted me about the missing Russian women soldier poets Mariia Nikolaevna Skrydlova and Aleksandra Gerasimova Kudasheva.  Olga also told me about Vera Gedroits, a Russian woman poet who took part in the Russo Japanese conflict, the First World War and the Russian Civil War.   

And to Nancy from Canada who has sent me information about Edna Jaques a Canadian poet.

Thank you all so much.   Together I am confident that we will find a great many more of the forgotten poets of the First World War both male and female and bring their work to a much wider audience.